How to make an Academy credit card payment
Poike / Getty Images / iStockphoto
Academy credit cards are issued by Comenity Capital Bank and are a great way to access benefits when purchasing sports and outdoor equipment. As a cardholder, you can get $15 off your first qualifying purchase. Plus, you can receive 5% off future qualifying purchases online or in-store while enjoying free standard shipping on purchases of $15 or more at Academy.com.
Making timely payments on an Academy credit card is important to maintaining your credit in good standing and avoiding late fees. You can easily make payments online, by mail or over the phone, and here’s exactly how you can do it.
How to Make an Academy Credit Card Payment Online
Making an Academy credit card payment online is done in three easy steps. Please note that you will need to submit your payment by 5:00 PM EST on the due date to avoid late fees.
- Log in to the Comenity online banking portal with your username and password. New users must register for online access, which requires your credit card number, zip code, and social security number.
- On the “Account” page, enter your checking account and routing numbers. Comenity does not currently support debit card payments.
- Select your payment amount and choose your payment date. You can also set up automatic payments by selecting this option on the “Payments” page.
If you don’t have an online account and would rather not have to create one, you can take advantage of Comenity’s EasyPay system.
- Enter your credit card account number, zip code, and the last four digits of your social security number, social insurance number, or other ID to find your account.
- Make a payment by submitting your checking account information. Your data will not be stored until you create an account in the Account Center.
How to make an Academy credit card payment by mail
If you receive paper bills and statements, you can choose to make an Academy credit card payment by mail:
- Write a check or money order for the desired payment amount.
- Write your card or account number on the check and include the statement payment coupon in the envelope.
- Mail payment to the address on the envelope or paper statement.
Be sure to post your payment at least one week before your payment is due to ensure prompt delivery and avoid late fees.
Comenity Bank partners with many retail stores for credit cards, such as Academy, and payment addresses may vary from card to card. If you’re not sure where to send your payment, contact customer service at 1-877-321-8509.
How to Make an Academy Credit Card Payment Over the Phone
A third option is to make an Academy credit card payment over the phone. This can be a handy option if you can’t log into your account online.
- Make sure you have your bank account information before making the call.
- Dial 877-321-8509 to reach the customer service hotline. Live customer service is available 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Saturday.
- You can choose to submit your payment using the automated system or speak with a customer service representative first.
What are the late fees for Academy credit cards?
The minimum amount for any Academy credit card payment is due at least 25 days after the close of each billing period. The cut-off time to make payment without incurring late fees is no later than 5:00 PM EST on the invoice due date.
You will see a $30 late fee if you have no record of late payment in the previous six months. However, if you have made late payments during this period, the fee increases to $41.
Editorial note: This content is not provided by any entity covered by this article. Any opinions, analyses, criticisms, evaluations, or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.