Australian Open: Vince Colosimo attends tennis after stalking drama

No worries: Vince Colosimo sips champagne at Australian Open after scammer threatens to ruin his career










He was recently involved in an extortion attempt when an opportunistic scam artist threatened to ruin his career if he didn’t hand over $50,000.

But actor Vince Colosimo was all smiles on Thursday as he appeared at the Australian Open sipping a glass of champagne.

The Underbelly star, 55, showed up at Melbourne’s Rod Laver Arena and was in such good spirits he decided to pose for pictures in front of the media wall.

Moving on: Vince Colosimo sipped champagne at the Australian Open in Melbourne on Thursday after a scam artist threatened to ruin his career

Colosimo dressed for the occasion in a blue shirt, white pants and brown dress shoes.

He also sported a fancy wristwatch and wore a pair of sunglasses at one point.

Colosimo drank from a glass filled with Piper Heidsieck champagne while smiling at the camera.

Happy: The Underbelly star, 55, showed up at Rod Laver Arena and was in such good spirits that he decided to pose for photos near the media wall

Happy: The Underbelly star, 55, showed up at Rod Laver Arena and was in such good spirits that he decided to pose for photos near the media wall

Outfit: Colosimo looked sharp in a blue shirt, white pants and brown dress shoes

Outfit: Colosimo looked sharp in a blue shirt, white pants and brown dress shoes

Accessories: He also sported a luxury wristwatch and wore a pair of sunglasses at one point

Accessories: He also sported a luxury wristwatch and wore a pair of sunglasses at one point

Chill: Colosimo drank a glass of Piper Heidsieck champagne while smiling for the camera

Chill: Colosimo drank a glass of Piper Heidsieck champagne while smiling for the camera

It comes after the Chopper actor recently fell victim to an opportunistic scammer who threatened to ruin his career if he didn’t hand over $50,000.

Colosimo was allegedly targeted by the woman in October after he was announced as a contestant on the Celebrity Apprentice Australia reality show.

Sources told Daily Mail Australia the woman made the alleged threat against Colosimo’s longtime partner Sabella Sugar who was told to hand over the money or face the consequences.

Drama: It comes after Colosimo, who will soon appear on Celebrity Apprentice, fell victim to an opportunistic con artist who threatened to ruin his career if he didn't hand over $50,000

Trouble: It comes after Colosimo, who will soon appear on Celebrity Apprentice, fell victim to an opportunistic con artist who threatened to ruin his career if he didn’t hand over $50,000. Photographed in November 2018

Comeback: The cast of Celebrity Apprentice Australia's next series is pictured here

Comeback: The cast of Celebrity Apprentice Australia’s next series is pictured here

Sugar appeared in Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, where she was granted a two-year intervention order against the woman.

Sugar and Colosimo declined to comment when contacted by Daily Mail Australia on Thursday.

Sources confirmed that the police had been informed of the alleged extortion attempt, but had not carried out an investigation at the request of the inhabitants of the Colosimo camp.

Colosimo had just come off the set of a new chapter in The Wog Boys film franchise and filming The Girl In The Window, which is due to hit the big screen worldwide this year, when the woman got in touch for the first time.

Targeted: Sources said Daily Mail Australia Colosimo partner Sabella Sugar, pictured above, was bombarded with messages from the stalker

Targeted: Sources said Daily Mail Australia Colosimo partner Sabella Sugar, pictured above, was bombarded with messages from the stalker

It was her appearance in a Melbourne newspaper that apparently prompted the woman to approach Sugar.

Daily Mail Australia was told the woman sent Sugar dozens of text messages from numerous phones over the following months.

Sugar was reportedly told that if the couple didn’t dump $50,000, she would go to the media with a story alleging Colosimo had been unfaithful to her.

A source told Daily Mail Australia that Sugar feared the threat to derail Colosimo’s career was serious enough to contact the police.

Background: Colosimo had just been filming filming a new chapter in The Wog Boys film franchise and filming The Girl In The Window, which is set to hit the big screen worldwide this year, when the woman made contact for the first time

Background: Colosimo had just been filming filming a new chapter in The Wog Boys film franchise and filming The Girl In The Window, which is set to hit the big screen worldwide this year, when the woman made contact for the first time

Advertising

Comments are closed.